Join the Family
If the local church represents God’s Kingdom on earth, then membership is both identifying as a Kingdom citizenship and the expression of that citizenship. When a person chooses to follow Jesus as their Lord and Savior, they are immediately given a new identity in Christ and are a citizen of Christ’s Kingdom. They are subsequently called to be members in the household of God.
Family members of Harvest Ministries live out five distinct practices that display our DNA and are listed at the bottom of this page. These five practices are not legalistic standards for good church membership. Rather, they are a culture code for all believers to live out the Christian life, which is to love God, love our neighbors, and make disciples. In all things, these practices must be anchored in unconditional love, which is both the posture and practice to seek the highest good of one another.
“so we, who are many, are one body in Christ, and individually members one of another.” - Romans 12:5
What are the expectations of a member of Harvest Ministries?
Here are 5 areas of active pursuit by each member:
1. Glorify: We recognize God through worship, our glorified King.
2. Gather: We gather with God’s family through fellowship for deep connection.
3. Grow: We educate God’s people through discipleship so they can grow spiritually.
4. Give: We show God’s love through ministry by the giving of our time, talents, and resources.
5. Go: We share God’s Word through evangelism, which is the Good News of Jesus Christ.